Intentional Use of the Palms to Deceive

3:57 م

Intentional Use of the Palms to Deceive

Some people ask, 'If I tell a lie and keep my palms visible, will people be more likely to believe me?' The answer is yes - and no. If you tell an outright lie with your palms exposed, you might still appear insincere to your listeners because many of the other gestures that should also be visible when displaying honesty are absent and the negative gestures used during lying will appear and will be incongruent with the open palms. Con artists and professional liars are people who have developed the special art of making their non-verbal signals complement their verbal lies. The more effectively the professional con artist can use the body language of honesty when telling a lie, the better he is at his job.
Will you still love me when I'm old and grey?' she asked, palms visible.'Not only will I love you,' he replied, 'I'll write to you.'

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »